(Courtesy of Nigella Lawson’s Nigella Express)
This is one of my ALL TIME favourite meals and we have this at least monthly. Always when we have a lot of people for a BBQ, as it’s a no brainer.
12 pork spareribs
12 chicken thighs, skin and bone still on
1 cup apple juice, as sharp as possible
¼ cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 star anise
1 cinnamon stick, halved
6 unpeeled cloves garlic
1. Put the ribs and chicken pieces in a couple of large freezer bags or into a dish.
2. Add all the remaining ingredients, squelching or tossing everything together well before sealing the bags or covering the dish.
3. Leave to marinate in the fridge overnight or up to two days.
4. Take the dish out of the fridge and preheat the oven to 400°F.
5. Pour the contents of the freezer bag into 1 or 2 large roasting pans (making sure the chicken is skin side up), place in the preheated oven, and cook for about 1 ¼ hours, by which time everything should be sticky and glossed chestnut brown.
This was shared by DOMESTICALI, and it is, indeed, divine.